Director of Development
The Director of Development will provide leadership and enhance all mass market fundraising efforts of the Oklahoma Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. With an emphasis on mass market events, the Director of Development is responsible for coaching and managing team members to achieve fundraising goals and ensuring that key volunteers and committees are in place to support the revenue goals. In addition, this position carries responsibility for the cultivation of corporate and organizational gifts.
Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing brand awareness and visibility in the community.
Based in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
- Provide management level leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs to ensure achievement of revenue goals around mass market events/special events, corporate sponsorship and other corporate gifts focused toward constituent and premier events. General knowledge of individual giving techniques a plus.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, developing and retaining productive fundraising team to implement and achieve the budgeted fundraising goals, priority focus will be on mass market events (Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day).
- Provide leadership for volunteer leadership recruitment and engagement efforts for the chapter’s fundraising initiatives.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual strategic implementation plan for the Chapter, with an emphasis on the growth of mass market/special events and identification and cultivation of prospects for fundraising activities.
- Build and effectively utilize relationships and influence networks to achieve goals. Share knowledge and build trust with colleagues, managers, chapter staff, board members, volunteers and external stakeholders
- Empower volunteer leaders to reach higher levels of performance through trust, delegation, participation and coaching. Establish formal and informal relationships with others to provide feedback, information, support and resources to help them develop new or higher levels of skill and ability
- Analyze/evaluate current corporate donor base to identify opportunities to expand engagement and giving. Build understanding for the Alzheimer’s Association - its research role, programs and services - in all communications with current and potential donors.
- Actively participate in the chapter’s Leadership Team to ensure effective integration of strategic priorities into the Development work plan
- Other Duties as assigned by the chapter CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required, CRFE preferred
- At least 5 years of non-profit Development management experience; minimum 3 years of mass-market special event fundraising experienc
- Strong background of coaching, managing, and developing high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead team with poise and collaborative attitude
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications with at least an aptitude to utilize Google applications
- Demonstrated record of success in the area of mass market fundraising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Strong fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3878