The Alzheimer’s Association is the voluntary health agency dedicated to eliminating Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders through the advancement of research and to enhancing care and support services for all affected. Reporting to the President & CEO, The Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations provides leadership in financial development to advance the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission. S/he has responsibility for actively engaging fundraising volunteers in building relationships with corporations in the community. S/he also works closely with the organization’s staff to raise funds throughout the chapter territory.
* Establishes contacts and develops effective working relationships with key businesses, and professional networking groups in the chapter territory. Makes presentations about the Alzheimer’s Association and represents the Association as appropriate.
* Works with the VP, Marketing & Development, the Management Team, Walk Managers and Communications Manager, as well as the Board, to identify and maximize corporate and foundation giving opportunities, and assist with individual donors as needed.
* CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
oResponsible for Walk corporate partnerships in Westchester specifically but also working in conjunction with Walk managers on corporate partnerships for the other 4 walks
oMeeting of the Minds sponsorship and exhibitors
oGala (potential sponsorship inventory - this does not currently exist)
* WALK TO END ALZHEIMER’S / THE LONGEST DAY (TLD)
oRecruit Corporate Walk teams
oRecruit Corporate Walk Volunteers
oDiscuss Walk and TLD matching gifts with corporate partners
oDiscuss workplace giving options with corporate partners
oPitch The Longest Day to potential partners
oResponsible for implementing all benefit packages for corporate partners
oPrepare corporate and foundation grant proposals as appropriate for both Community and Corporate grants. Grant writing skills preferred but not required.
* ANNUAL GIVING:
oCollaborate with VP of Development and home office Major Gift officer to seek out, cultivate and build relationships with major donors and ultimately bring in major gifts ($10,000 ) through corporate relationships.
oCollaborate with VP of Development and home office Major Gift officer to work on cultivation activities that incorporate corporations and grow the Chapter's Intermediate Giving program (gifts from $1,000 to $10,000);
* Works closely with events staff and attends chapter programs and events (required to attend all 5 Hudson Valley Walks). Cultivates potential donors and stewards current donors; high volume of public contact.
* Pursues relationships with key members of the business community, working with business councils and other community organizations to create relationships.
* Assists in the training, development, and recognition of fundraising volunteers.
* Becomes intimately familiar with the Alzheimer’s mission, in order to bring companies closer to our cause.
* Works with Board of Directors to follow up on leads and opportunities for large scale partnerships.
* Works with the staff and Board to ensure that goals and objectives of the Chapter’s annual Strategic Implementation Plan are met.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and Policies of the National Alzheimer's Association.
* Work closely with other members of the Development team, and assist with individual giving, marketing and communications, etc. as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
* 5 years of development, corporate partnership or sales experience with a proven track record of success.
* Demonstrated success in fund-raising and meeting fund development goals.
* Experience working with board members; ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
* Ability to be passionate about the Alzheimer's Association's mission and vision.
* Outstanding organizational skills and follow-through.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and database experience.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy, initiative, and flexibility.
* Team player and positive influence on office culture.
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.