Director of Communications
The Director of Communications provides leadership for the implementation and evaluation of communications, media relations, event marketing, brand management and audience development strategies for the Alzheimer's Association Nebraska Chapter. The position will execute and monitor the Chapter communication plan, and maintain alignment with the overall Association’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an integral member of the Chapter Leadership Team to ensure integration of communications strategies and opportunities into the organization’s operational and strategic plan
- Create, maintain and enhance relationships with constituents, media partners, community partners, corporations and other key stakeholders groups across the region
- Generate opportunities to increase awareness and financial support for the Association by collaborating on fundraising events and program services initiatives
- Represent and act as media spokesperson and contact for the Association at appropriate public events, conferences, and workshops
- Develop and maintain current listing of media contacts throughout the region; disseminate press updates, news releases, and feature materials
- Develop, implement and monitor the Chapter’s marketing and communications budget, which includes expenses for paid advertising, design and printing, and contracts with paid and in-kind vendors for communications.
- Recruit, train, supervise and coach communications and marketing volunteer spokespeople, and collaborate with colleagues to enthusiastically support program, advocacy, and event volunteers
- Manage communication and marketing content, materials and platforms, including a weekly e-newsletter, media relations collateral, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), among others
- Maintain accurate records regarding media impressions and paid advertising placements, and meet reporting deadlines as necessary for national statistics.
- Assure compliance with all Association branding policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements
- Act as a lead for third-party, revenue and awareness generating events
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- APR certification preferred; Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required with preferred focus area of communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in marketing, communications, development or business-related field
- Proven success in building and maintaining key relationships and meeting strategic goals
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven media relations experience; ability to be creative in identifying and executing media opportunities
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, proofreading and presentation skills
- Proven experience in managing successful social media campaigns
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and FlickR) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of CRM systems and web platforms
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed to perform job duties
- Possesses valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance