Director, Individual, Corporate and Strategic Partnerships
Position Title: Director, Individual, Corporate & Strategic Partnerships
Reports to: VP of Development
Location: Chicago, IL
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for managing the overall individual donor, corporate giving and strategic partnership fundraising initiatives for the Illinois Chapter. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial goals thru individual and corporate fundraising, identifying and soliciting volunteers for leadership roles, providing overall strategy to streamline donor cultivation. Based in Chicago, IL or vicinity, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will provide strategic direction & mentorship to the Senior Manager, Donor Strategy & Relationship events
- Works in conjunction with the Chapter’s annual fundraising plan to identify and cultivate new and current donors in order to elevate Chapter fundraising capacity
- Identifies, recruits and help train high impact volunteer leaders that will assist the organization in increasing awareness and helping to grow revenue streams
- Cultivate a pipeline of volunteer leadership for succession planning
- Act as staff corporate liaison for all Development events including sponsorship opportunities and employee involvement
- Identify and cultivate new community partnerships that will be beneficial to the strategic plan’s pillars of increasing concern and awareness and increasing fundraising streams
- Identify prospects for corporate employee giving & cause related marketing programs; work in conjunction with Home Office on National initiatives/partnerships
- Assure Chapter compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years successful track record in sales & fundraising
- Preferred experience in identifying, recruiting and mobilizing high impact volunteers to achieve goals
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter with proven experience in managing simultaneous projects & events
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals
- Have vast understanding of a donor strategy process including all aspects of moves management
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop donor relationships
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Has vast understanding for the Alzheimer’s Association mission including its research, policy, programs and services provided
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Team Approach/Convio software
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3151