Director, Health Care Solutions
The Director, Health Care Solutions leads the development, deployment and management of products, programs, services, tools and materials for health systems, other health care organizations, and clinicians. They also provide product support to Association staff who engage health systems, including staff training and other guidance on health systems products and how to use them.
This position is based in the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Vice President, Health Systems.
- Serves as lead project manager for the development of new and revised products.
- Manages tasks across the product life cycle, including collection and use of market research to identify needs, solution conceptualization, determination of product specifications, prototype development and testing, piloting and refinement, and production at scale.
- Works with other Programs staff and other departments for functional support of product development, such as fidelity to scientific and clinical evidence, alignment with marketing strategy, and alignment with policy priorities.
- Works with other Programs staff, other departments, and vendors on the production of materials, messaging, and other components needed for product development and launch.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination with chapters, vendors, health care leaders and organizations, and others participating in product development.
- Provides reporting to the leadership team on project status and progress against timelines, specifications and budget
- Leads the development and implementation of training sessions and other communications needed to prepare and equip Association staff for the promotion and use of assigned products.
- Ensures the provision of product support, including communications with chapter staff and other users of products and related resources, to collect and respond to feedback and identified needs.
- Leads integration of new products into the health care solutions portfolio, including product training modules for Association staff.
- Oversees product maintenance and administration, such as CME certification and establishment and renewal of product/product-related licenses.
- Manages product updates and new versions of products.
- Ensures product fulfillment, such as taking and fulfilling orders for printed materials.
- Manages data collection for product evaluation and feedback.
- Reports on product use, satisfaction, and evidence of effectiveness and impact.
- Develops and leads bi-monthly physician outreach training calls by building off of exisiting training series. Set agenda; lead call; vet and work with Chapters/Home Office staff presenters on content; handle all call logistics (invites, technology, etc.)
- Supports chapters by providing needed tool kits, training, and answers to complex questions about physician outreach and trainings. Diffuse learning and best practices among chapters.
- Advises leadership on current chapter capacity and related needs, to inform the HS strategy and program/product development.
- Supervises the Specialist, Health Care Solutions
- Additional projects and tasks as needed for the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in hard science, public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management or equivalent preferred; graduate or doctorate degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years progressive, professional project and/or program management experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in medical communications, health care administration, program development and/or health care education. Full understanding of continuing medical education (CME) programming and promotion a plus.
- Experience in the medical/healthcare industry with an understanding of healthcare organization and delivery, quality improvement techniques and clinical settings highly desired. Experience in working with academic and clinical thought leaders in the field of dementia preferred
- Experience developing, implementing, tracking and evaluating public health interventions or multi-component health-related interventions
- Experience promoting services or products to healthcare professionals
- Medical writing skills, including experience in literature review processes, developing consensus papers, recommendations, continuing medical education (CME) programs, and clinical outreach/speaker programs
- Ability to partner effectively with internal departments and outside vendors
- Training and collaboration skills, ability to influence others to action
- Ability to build consensus and influence others to action including clinical and academic thought leaders
- Ability to work independently and act as a liaison between various internal departments and external parties
- Knowledge of grant writing and reporting, development and relationship development
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, team-building and collaboration building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities on a routine basis
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn additional software applications
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the position
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15%