Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Marketing
Job Title Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Marketing
Location Chicago, IL
Full time based on 37.5 hours/week
Reports To Director of Marketing
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
As the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion lead for the marketing team, you will be tasked with ensuring our brand campaigns and communication materials resonate with all communities. This includes fulfilling translation requests and identifying opportunities for transcreation for different communities. You will be expected to have foundational and strategic understanding of multicultural segments (Hispanic, Black, Native American and Asian) and integrate those nuances from the onset to execution across various creative outputs including linear, digital, social, web, etc. Create integrated marketing plans that helps merge our voice and values to generate awareness, directly impacting perception and connection with the Alzheimer’s Association.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include providing input, cultural understanding and creative thinking to elevate the way we reach ethnic consumers. In this role, you will:
- Streamline the translation process by working closely with key stakeholders and DE&I partners to provide effective communication in a timely manner
- Review and approve multiple assets throughout the campaign development such as web content, scripts, translations, and creative assets
- Support web team development of best of class Spanish language experience on alz.org to provide resources for those seeking Alzheimer’s information
- Identify local marketing needs and support for Alzheimer’s Association Chapters
- Support VP in multi-year multicultural strategic planning and consumer research
- Prioritize marketing campaigns against each ethnic segment, working with internal stakeholders across various functions
- Manage the development and execution of national creative campaigns for specific multicultural segments across channels such as TV, digital, OOH, social, website and events, alongside campaign lead
- Lead process optimizations, translations and integration of multicultural agencies
- Manage agency deliverables and timelines in a multi-agency environment
- Partner with key stakeholders to support needs
- Stay current with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion trends and experiences
- Manage agency scoping and deliverables that support the activation/cultural engagement functions
- Support and provide direction to translator and 15% of admin on day-to-day tasks
- Anticipated travel: 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and five years of applicable experience; preferred 5 years of applicable experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have foundational and strategic understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion across multicultural segments (Hispanic, Black, Native American and Asian) and integrate those nuances from the onset to execution across various creative outputs including linear, digital, social, web, etc.
- Strong interdisciplinary orientation across multiple marketing and communication functions.
- Experience working with and building relationships with cross-functional leaders.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills managing multiple, concurrent projects and priorities.
- Effective communication with fluency in Spanish and the ability to translate materials.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.