Director, Corporate Initiatives
Responsible for selling, developing, expanding and managing national corporate partnerships who participate in cause marketing and sponsorship programs on a national and multi-regional level. Duties include identifying and pitching new business, budgeting, team building, management, corporate partner optimization, and strategic and operational planning.
This position is a home office/remote position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensures team members capitalize on the value of corporate partnerships, to sell and close initiatives to generate revenue for the mission and awareness for the brand. Must cultivate strong relationships by interfacing with executives and day-to-day contacts at multi-billion dollar companies.
2.Leads sales and planning of targeted accounts for the Alzheimer’s Association. Sets program goals, projected outcomes, identify target companies and plans for budgetary needs of the program.
3. Collaborates with leadership to identify, plan and lead training opportunities to enhance the Alzheimer’s Association’s knowledge and technical expertise as it pertains to sales development. Creates resources, templates, guidelines, criteria and creative concepts that engage the Association’s ability to leverage national corporate partnerships.
4.Serves as the primary contact for pharmaceutical industry and serves as a liaison across chapter boundaries and home office departments to achieve goals.
5.Develops comprehensive strategies and monitors progress for sales activities including cause marketing campaigns and sponsorship activities.
6.Develops, enhances, manages and serves in a sales and account management function with a high concentration in sales, marketing, public relations, creative thinking and fund development.
7.Responsible for staying up-to-date on business industry developments, transactions and changes in the corporate environment. Reads and reviews current articles on corporate prospects, and uses knowledge in presentations and meetings with prospects. Maintains up-to-date knowledge on related Alzheimer’s and dementia research and facts.
8.Collaborates dynamically and secures alignment with Corporate Initiatives, Relationship Events, Constituent Events, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Chapter staff and Med-Sci staff to ensure brand compliance and maximize revenue opportunity of business on an ongoing basis.
9.Works in conjunction with Corporate Initiatives leadership to hire high-performing team members. Screens, interviews and hires candidates for team positions. Manages account management and employee engagement team members. Includes training, preparing employee appraisals, leading team meetings and driving strategic objectives.
10.Travels extensively and works occasional periods of long work hours including nights and weekend. Attends regional and national meetings as required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Serves as the key internal stakeholder for activities involving assigned corporations.
* Prepares and submits all necessary reports as required by Home Office departments as well as by the Senior Director of Corporate Initiatives.
* Contributes to building an innovative, constituent-focused and collaborative team environment.
* Performs other various job functions as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field.
* 10 years progressive fund development and sales experience with a proven track record of people leadership, sales and account management in a relationship-driven environment. Experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
* Must have team management and leadership experience.
* Must have professional experience working in or with the pharmaceutical industry.
* Demonstrated success in selling, developing and expanding cause marketing and sponsorship initiatives for a large, philanthropic organization.
* Ability to think creatively and strategically while executing plans to completion. Adapts to and thrives in a constant changing environment.
* An ambitious and enthusiastic mind-set with a focus on leadership, goal orientation and delivering results.
* Self-initiator, capable of working independently and making decisions based on sound judgement. Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Gifted communicator who embodies poise and diplomacy in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders.
* Excellent creative problem solving, customer service, communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to influence and motivate, especially with cross functional relationships.
* Proficiency in MS Office and Google applications, especially MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* Travel as need to successfully carry out essential job functions. Estimated overnight travel is 30%.