Dir. Learning & Organizational Development
The Director of Learning & Organization Development will lead, develop and implement all organizational development and talent management processes for Alzheimer's Association. This individual will design and implement employee initiatives to develop organizational capabilities that enable and support the Association’s business and people strategy. Working closely with business and HR leaders, this individual will provide leadership in the areas of employee engagement and development, manager effectiveness, leadership engagement and development, strategy alignment and deployment, change management, team development, organization design and talent management (needs assessment, development, coaching and succession planning).
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, the incumbent will assess and fulfil the learning needs of the organization, evolve development strategies, create and deliver learning content and increase the power of their delivery. This is a strategic role within the Human Resources leadership structure.
* Partner with business leaders and other HR team partners to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen the Association and prepare it for future success.
* Develop and drive a comprehensive learning strategy for Alzheimer’s Association, inclusive of: New Hire Orientation, employee development, career pathing, manager effectiveness, leadership development, and executive coaching.
* Support the long-term strategy and support Alzheimer’s Association's approach to diversity and inclusion
* Design & support on-site team performance workshops as required
* Provide leadership in the area of career development, which includes developing new tools and programming to support our talent strategy
* Serve as the key point of contact for organization development and work collaboratively with the business strategy development and deployment, systems alignment activities, and talent management activities
* Design and execute initiatives to accelerate organizational and team performance
* Support the business in building manager and leadership capability within the organization through the employee relations and talent management process. Drive an integrated Talent Management strategy which includes executive and leadership development, and succession planning. Create development plans and programs that drive functional leadership, ensure that newly hired and current staff are receiving the appropriate development.
* Develop an organizational wide leadership development strategy that encompasses front line to executive level employees across the regions. Accelerate leader effectiveness as they transition between roles and are promoted within the organization.
* 7 years Employee Relations and/or Learning and Development experience in a national, fast paced, complex organization with a demonstrated history of success in learning and development and leading change, talent management and achieving results.
* Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or Human Resources.
* Capable and confident communicator with strong professional presence and excellent presentation skills
* An individual who is humble and understands the need to honor and validate the existing culture before attempting to make change; someone who is willing to ask questions and learn vs. telling and doing.
* An individual who thinks strategically and can establish, articulate and implement a vision for the organization as it relates to human capital.
* Practical experience providing formal/informal coaching and development, as well as facilitation, in all areas of leadership, but particularly in change management at the individual, team and organizational level.
* Ability to keep current in field of specialty through own initiative.
* Strong project planning and management skills
* Ability to build effective and positive working relationships with all leaders within the company to create a learning culture throughout the organization
* Estimated overnight travel 20 - 30%.
Job Reference #: 3850