The Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is looking for a technologically proficient candidate to provide administrative support to various teams throughout the chapter, particularly the Community Engagement team.
The Digital Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of attendee data, as well as the creation of Education Programs, Support Groups, and Professional Education Programs using our CRM database and other productivity software. This includes determining data needs through interpretation of staff requests, and researching tools and techniques to best fulfill needs. The Digital Specialist is responsible for data collection, managing data entry process flow, quality, and implementing potential improvements.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for Programs & Services team’s Community Engagement efforts:
- Use our CRM database and Zoom to create Education Programs, Support Groups, and Professional Education Programs.
- Use our project management tool, Smartsheet, to maintain tracking systems for Education Programs, Support Groups, and Professional Education programs.
- As part of a team, help support each year’s two regional conferences, including but not limited to the registration process.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry for program registrants and attendees into Personify.
- Maintain up-to-date accurate public listings of our many support groups.
- Oversee in-person data entry volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to the chapter’s email marketing program:
- Create e-blast messages populated with upcoming program data.
- Maintain and update e-blast addressee lists.
- Serve as a power user for the Program Volunteer Community system:
- Triage incoming volunteer applications for screening.
- Approve volunteers in the database after they have been screened.
- Provide administrative support for other projects as needed, such as:
- Schedule and create Zoom meetings.
- Provide additional data entry support to other departments.
- Support A/V and virtual meeting technology.
- Provide administrative support for the mail opening process.
- Attend meetings/calls relating to the various databases and systems.
- Associates’ degree required or Bachelors’ degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of comparable employment experience
- Ability to keep sensitive customer or company information confidential
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using CRM databases and reporting required
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills required
- Enjoys data entry
- Google tools proficiency required (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Calendar)
- Zoom proficiency required
- Strong spreadsheet skills preferred, including formulas such as vlookup
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, creativity, and people skills
- Ability to interact with diverse client groups
- Work is normally performed on weekdays, with occasional evening and weekend days
- Team Collaboration
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Job Title: Digital Specialist
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Status: Full time based on a minimum of 37.5 hours/week
Reports To: Project Manager, CRM Operations
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.