Digital and Graphic Design Specialist
The Digital and Graphic Design Specialist will provide anticipatory, forward thinking and self-starting implementation and coordination of the Alzheimer’s Association’s brand through website, e-communications, and graphic design for the five chapters in Region 14. This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week and can be located in Richmond, VA or Charlottesville, VA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary staff person managing the day-to-day content maintenance of all pages for each of the five chapter websites and update sites in alignment with current campaigns and program initiatives.
- Collaborate with chapter marketing and communications staff to develop and maintain an editorial calendar for each chapter site.
- Track, manage and provide monthly reports on web analytics and metrics.
- Optimize website copy and landing pages for search engine marketing as needed.
- Collaborate with chapter and home office marketing and communications staff to identify and recommend changes to website content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Collaborate with chapter marketing and communications staff in the development of a planning calendar for creation and delivery of content for each chapter’s weekly e-newsletter through Blackbaud’s Luminate.
- Based on individual chapter needs, serve as either the primary or dedicated backup for the execution and distribution of the weekly e-newsletter through Blackbaud’s Luminate.
- Execute creation and delivery other HTML-based messages through Blackbaud’s Luminate as requested.
- Develop and manage graphic design of materials for each chapter, including brochures, fliers, presentations, print and digital ads, event support materials, annual reports, etc.
- Utilize pre-designed templates provided by the home office when applicable.
- Assure compliance with all Association branding policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage resources and information, including Association photos/images and design files.
- Collaborate with chapter marketing and communications staff to develop and manage the process for creative design requests.
- Collaborate as needed with external graphic designers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in the field of digital communications including website updating, analytic tools, and other technologies, and graphic design.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Proficient with modern web Content Management Systems (Kentico CMS experience a plus).
- Proven SEO/SEM experience.
- Solid understanding of graphic design and branding principles.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of creativity and self-direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and possess capability to manage multiple parallel projects or assignments.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to memorize, diagnose and solve problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with flexibility and good humor.
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and move about to retrieve files.
Job Reference #: 3355