The Development Specialist will support and manage special events including but not limited to Walk to End Alzheimer’s activities and Culinary Clash (gala event) activities with direct responsibility for ensuring goals are reached.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordination of resources and materials to support the work of the Walk and Culinary Clash teams including logistical support for related activities, mailings, email correspondence, general clerical tasks and administrative assistance. Additionally, the Development Specialist is responsible for coordination and implementation of volunteer recruitment, training, placement and follow-up of Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Culinary Clash events throughout the chapter service area.This position reports to the Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer's and is based is Rochester, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support and coordination to Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Culinary Clash events to include data entry, team tracking and support, Convio online support, customer service, day of volunteer logistics and other activities.
- Manage, evaluate, and expand fundraising programs under chapter leadership.
- Assume primary responsibility for special events. Coordinate appropriate committees and plans with volunteers (including budgets/timelines) for each event.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete participant and financial records for each event.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage high impact volunteers, including committee members, for fundraising events who will assist the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
- Work with Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s to establish budgets, work plans and timelines for events.
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in special events.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on marketing materials and needs for corporate sponsorship, team and participant cultivation efforts, and other development events as assigned.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities.
- Prepare presentations, materials, and reports.
- Participate in meetings, providing input and suggestions. Maintain steady communication with chapter staff and volunteers.
- Ensure smooth integration of Association best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Ensure timely and efficient data entry process and donation processing for entire department.
- Manage the Walk and Culinary Clash websites and all related setup, reports and information.
- Manage sponsorship administration including entering sponsorship commitments and ensuring all sponsor benefits are fulfilled.
- Manage inventory of all Walk and Culinary Clash related supplies and materials and fulfill fundraising supply request orders.
- Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Other assignments as requested by the Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2-3 years demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred.
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs.
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers.
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community.
- Project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with multiple and competing deadlines.
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the area with some overnight and weekend travel required.
- Flexibility of schedule and availability of time necessary to accomplish event goals.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve.
- Excel in fast paced, high pressure environments.
- Outcomes driven; great attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications.
- Previous experience with Convio/Luminate preferred.
Job Reference #: 3865