We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the success of the Chapter’s second signature fundraising event, The Longest Day (TLD). This position will work closely with the Development Managers in the three county area to execute TLD fundraising plans and strategies.
This position will be located in Santa Barbara, CA.
* Recruit volunteer team task force committee members.
* Identify and cultivate relationships with team captains, business organizations and social clubs.
* Implement best practices for leadership development, increased participation, event revenue growth and creativity/innovation.
* Collaborate with the Development Director and other staff members on prospective donor cultivation, solicitation strategies and actions to maximize fund-development opportunities.
* Ensure promotion of The Longest Day within Chapter communications channels, including email, social media, e-News, public relations and local marketing efforts.
* Represent the California Central Coast Chapter’s interests in the identification and development of third party events.
* Prepare and distribute communications to volunteers and donors via multiple channels, including email, social media, print and telephone.
* Provide ongoing support to overall operations, including database management, report preparation, constituent relations and communications and revenue reconciliation.
* Prepare deposits of cash, checks and credit card payments to send to the third party processing vendor.
* Assist with and participate, as needed, in all chapter fundraising events
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
* A minimum of two years of experience in marketing, fundraising, nonprofit management and/or special events
* Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees strongly preferred
* Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and participation of individuals and groups
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with community and coworkers
* Ability to support other staff members and effectively collaborate on Chapter strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database applications, Internet fundraising, Adobe Acrobat and Google . Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel frequently throughout the Chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
* Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
* Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Job Reference #: 3398