Development Specialist, NW Indiana
- Responsible for achieving annual revenue targets and expense budgets for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Lafayette, Lake County, and Michigan City with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Develops and follows a comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer’s that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Develops community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s planning committee and garner community support.
- Ensures the Walk to End Alzheimer’s has high level leadership volunteers in place and train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
- Through volunteer networks, prospects, cultivates and stewards Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the development goals.
- Ensures Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National Walk to End Alzheimer’s timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals.
- Ensures smooth integration of the National Association best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Works with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission and services, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Maintains relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and insures involvement in all relevant activities and recognition opportunities.
- Works to develop a new network of high level contacts for the assigned markets and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
- Ensures timely and efficient data entry process and donation processing related to Walk.
- Manages the Walk websites and all related setup, reports and information.
- Promotes employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
- Assures compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Other assignments as requested by the Director of Development or Walk Director
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 1-3 years progressive professional experience and proven success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy in a fundraising or sales and marketing environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills to engage with and work effectively with a strong customer service focus with visitors, callers, and volunteers
- Exceptional organizational skills to prioritize work and multi-task with keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative to and problem-solve
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to engage with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point), Google Suite (Mail, Calendar, Docs & Hangout) required; previous with Convio and CRM databases preferred
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Must possess valid driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of valid automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to travel by car within the assigned territory up to 60%. May require occasional overnight trips and air travel.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25lbs of materials
Job Reference #: 2800