- Responsible for achieving revenue and expense targets for the assigned Walk to End Alzheimer’s, RivALZ and The Longest Day events, including meeting fundraising goals.
- Using Alzheimer’s Association best practices, standards and guidelines, develop comprehensive event plans that include budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, sponsorships cultivation, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to support fundraising events, revenue growth and concern and awareness.
- Prospect, cultivate and steward event teams, sponsors and participants to achieve development goals.
- Build understanding for the research, programs and services of the Alzheimer’s Association in all communications with current and potential stakeholders, donors and volunteers
- Prepare reports in order to provide information and monitor goals and budgets
- Provide support to the overall fundraising operations of the Ventura community including customer service to constituents, management, donor/sponsor/advocate relations and vendor relations.
- Contribute to a work environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation between volunteers, participants, sponsors and staff.
- Serve as Chapter liaison by participating in community events throughout Ventura County and fielding questions and requests from the public.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
- A minimum of three years of experience in marketing, fundraising, sales, non-profit management, special event or a related field
- Experience working with volunteer groups
- Experience developing and implementing of large events preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to solicit donations, sponsorships and participants
- Ability to cultivate corporate relationships and network with collaborative agencies and providers
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, multitask, set priorities, delegate and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service focus, work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database entry and management. Experience using Google preferred
- Ability to travel throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends with occasional overnights
- Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Job Reference #: 2897