Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen. The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for the implementation and oversight of Walk to End Alzheimer's events, The Longest Day campaign, and respective wrap-around events. Measurable outcomes position include: achieving or exceeding financial and participant goals through volunteer and corporate recruitment and engagement. This position is based out of the office in Scarborough, ME and requires travel within the assigned territory.
Essential Job Functions - Direct responsibility for consistent implementation of development events to meet or exceed the budgeted goals.
- Manages volunteer recruitment, participation, and relationships to ensure successful outcomes of assigned events. Must convey motivation, team building, enthusiasm, diplomacy, professionalism, and gratitude
- Conducts regular meetings to motivate volunteers and achieve goals within a defined time frame
- Supports volunteer led committees for Walk, The Longest Day and other fundraising initiatives
- Collaborates with volunteers to retain and recruit sponsors and participants for events
- Provides timely information to support communications and marketing plan
- Provides ongoing stewardship to volunteers, participants, and sponsors to assure high satisfaction and retention
- Works with development team to create and implement additional events within an assigned territory in order to meet the budgeted objectives of the Alzheimer's Association Strategic Plan
- Manages data and reporting for assigned events
- Attends team (chapter and regional) meetings to share ideas for planning and improving events
- Coordinates with staff members to promote the mission of the Association
- Complies with all national and local accounting and HR policies and procedures
- Actively participates in learning opportunities for professional and self-improvement
- Supports full mission work of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Bachelor's degree (or proven equivalent experience)
- Minimum of three years successful non-profit fundraising event management experience
- Experience in mass market events (knowledge of the markets in Maine preferred)
- Demonstrated success in managing relationship-based fundraising events and initiatives
- Experience managing committees, volunteers, and vendors
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in working with others collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, social media, databases (Convio software preferred)
- Willingness and ability to travel, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift 35 pounds