The Alzheimer’s Association, Central & North Florida Chapter provides education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community. The Development Manager supports the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association by coordinating fundraising events, increasing public awareness and building community support in the North Central Florida area. This individual seeks and secures funding collaborative partnerships and works closely with volunteers, staff and members of the community to achieve strategic goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Working collaboratively with the Development Team, the Development Manager will
- Coordinate all aspects of the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature event, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Gainesville and Ocala (Alachua, Sumter, Lake, Marion County).
- Recruit, motivate and assist team captains and their team member for Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Track, grow, and build constituents to reach their team and individual goals, including tracking and reaching overall sponsor, team, and participation goals.
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Initiatives, serve as a liaison to businesses, organizations, and/or individuals who sponsor the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to support all aspects of assigned fundraising events.
- Schedule planning meetings including preparing agendas, meeting minutes and holding volunteers accountable of all assigned fundraising events.
- Use various contact means (phone, email, in person, social media) to promote the Walks and other events.
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new sources of funding and in-kind contributions from businesses, foundations and community organizations.
- Represent the chapter through public speaking, media interviews and community involvement as requested.
- Monitor goals and budget for each Walk.
- Assist volunteers, speakers, sponsors, constituents and other attendees on the day of the events.
The chapter hosts/sponsors other events for visibility and fundraising, as well as third party events which are sponsored by others with proceeds supporting the Alzheimer’s Association. The Development Manager will play a role in these events. These events include:
- Corporate Lunch and Learns
- Research presentations
- Cause-related marketing projects
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in person and by phone with internal and external customers.
- Initiative and maturity; quick learner.
- Ability to lift and move 20-30 pounds.
- Strong personality who can maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and team participation.
- Willingness to drive within the counties of our service area.
- Trustworthy to handle donations in the form of cash, check, credit card or in-kind.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including family caregivers, volunteers, public officials, and people of high prominence in the community.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Ability to work daytime, some evenings and weekends.
- Use MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Job Reference #: 3720