Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
General Statement of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for logistics management and execution; fundraising support; overall coordination and strategic planning of all aspects of Celebrating Hope Gala, including but not limited to advance planning, venue and vendor contract negotiations and coordination; collateral, sponsorship and promotional materials; event budget management; supervise the activities of volunteer leaders and work with event co-chairs to execute the event; sponsorship pledge renewals and solicitation; follow-up, administrative and tracking; volunteer recruitment and management; and on-site staffing. As a volunteer driven organization, all staff are expected to recruit, cultivate, support and manage volunteer relationships to advance the mission of the Alzheimer's Association. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, as is the ability to travel throughout Connecticut.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee Celebrating Hope Gala
- Manage activities of high profile committees to meet revenue goals and develop strategies for success; build and cultivate relationships with these client groups
- Work in partnership with event/gala chairs and committees to recruit and grow key volunteer and donor relationships, including but not limited to: Sponsorship solicitation; follow-up, tracking; benefits and general stewardship of sponsors throughout the year, as well as coordination and execution of cultivation events as needed.
- Cultivate and steward donors and volunteers year round
- Manage all financial aspects of assigned events, including issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive financial reports.
- Supervise vendors to ensure timeline, production needs and budget goals are met. This includes but is not limited to: Coordination of all event logistics, collateral and communications for assigned events, including coordination of mailings, print and digital communications, event timelines, budgets, etc.; organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, promotional material etc.; and manage inventory for all event supplies
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day and oversee day-of event logistics and volunteers
- Work with Senior Leadership team members to develop timelines, strategies and goal setting to ensure team’s success
- Work cross-functionally with other Departments including Marketing, PR, Donor Services, Constituent Relations and MedSci as needed to increase outreach and to identify and lead volunteer engagement and recruitment activities for Celebrating Hope Gala
- Other duties as assigned
Key Educational/Professional Requirements
- Experience developing and managing large-scale special events with six figure budgets;
- Project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with multiple and competing deadlines;
- Ability to work with high-profile individuals and celebrities in a professional manner;
- Experience working with and cultivating relationships with sponsors and high level volunteer leadership;
- Ability to work independently, to work under supervision and to work in a team and goal oriented environment;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Excellent ability to establish relationships and collaborate with colleagues, vendors and sponsors
- Great attention to detail while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Successful in volunteer/committee recruitment, guidance and management
- Excel under pressure in fast-paced environments
- Prefer some knowledge of Team Approach, Convio. or other fundraising software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated success working in volunteer-led programs, with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, and supervision of volunteers
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
Job Reference #: 3560