We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Development Manager is responsible for the performance and success of fundraising events and strategies in the California Central Coast Chapter's area. This position will mobilize staff members and manage numerous volunteers to produce area fundraising events such as the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, RivALZ Blondes vs. Brunettes and The Longest Day (TLD).
This position will report to the Director of Development and will be located in Santa Barbara, CA.
* Plan and execute Walk to End Alzheimer’s to include team captain/walker recruitment and retention, sponsor cultivation and solicitation, promotion and marketing activities and all event logistics.
* Plan and execute the RivALZ Blondes vs. Brunettes event as well as coordinate The Longest Day fundraiser.
* With the Director of Development, establish and achieve annual event fundraising goals.
* Recruit, train, coach and manage volunteer community leaders toward the attainment of revenue and team goals.
* Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
* Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new sources of funding and in-kind contributions from businesses, foundations and community organizations.
* Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
* Build understanding for the Alzheimer's Association; its research, programs and services.
* Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required.
* Monitor goals and budgets for each event.
* Provide support to overall fundraising operations including customer service, database management and constituent and vendor relations.
* Serves as chapter liaison by participating in community events and fielding questions and requests from the public.
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
* A minimum of three years of experience in marketing, sales, fundraising, nonprofit management, marketing, special events or a related field
* Experience in networking with collaborative agencies and providers
* Experience with constituent relationship manager software preferred
* Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and participation of individuals and groups
* Ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database applications, Internet fundraising and Google
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with community and coworkers
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel frequently throughout the Chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
* Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
* Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Job Reference #: 3365