Development Manager - Temporary
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions suffering from the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Development Manager is accountable for the performance and success of fundraising events and strategies in the California Central Chapter's area. This position mobilizes staff and manages numerous volunteers to produce Alzheimer’s Association signature events and other fundraising and outreach initiatives according to timelines and best practices.
This position is based in the Ventura County Regional Office and is a temporary, unbenefited assignment. The position is scheduled to end mid-July 2018 with some potential for longer employment.
- Responsible for achieving revenue and expense targets for the assigned Walk to End Alzheimer’s, RivALZ and The Longest Day events, including meeting fundraising goals.
- Using Alzheimer’s Association best practices, standards and guidelines, develop comprehensive event plans that include budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, sponsorships cultivation, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to support fundraising events, revenue growth and concern and awareness.
- Prospect, cultivate and steward event teams, sponsors and participants to achieve development goals.
- Build understanding for the research, programs and services of the Alzheimer’s Association in all communications with current and potential stakeholders, donors and volunteers
- Prepare reports in order to provide information and monitor goals and budgets
- Provide support to the overall fundraising operations of the Ventura community including customer service to constituents, management, donor/sponsor/advocate relations and vendor relations.
- Contribute to a work environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation between volunteers, participants, sponsors and staff.
- Serve as Chapter liaison by participating in community events throughout Ventura County and fielding questions and requests from the public.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
- A minimum of three years of experience in marketing, fundraising, sales, non-profit management, special event or a related field
- Experience working with volunteer groups
- Experience developing and implementing of large events preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to solicit donations, sponsorships and participants
- Ability to cultivate corporate relationships and network with collaborative agencies and providers
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, multitask, set priorities, delegate and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service focus, work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database entry and management. Experience using Google preferred
- Ability to travel throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends with occasional overnights
- Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2827