Development Manager - Chapter
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We’re the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the estimated 5.5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease, their families and caregivers.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, we are the brains behind saving yours®. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer’s, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer’s research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
Serve as lead for the Art of Making Memories- Spring Benefit, Adams, Brown and Highland County Walk to End Alzheimer's, Chapter Appreciation Brunch and assist in the coordination of Reason to Hope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Coordinate all logistics of the Art of Making Memories- Spring Benefit, including budget, collateral materials, committee recruitment, venue, table, sponsorship and ticket sales, entertainment, raffle, auctions, food, packing, set-up/tear-down, Convio content, Gesture/mobile bidding and evaluation
* Coordinate all logistics of the Adams, Brown, Highland Walk to End Alzheimer's events, including budget, collateral materials, walker and team recruitment, Convio content, entertainment, prizes, raffle/auctions, food, packing, and evaluation
* Coordinate all logistics of the Chapter Appreciation event, including budget, collateral materials, volunteer and participant efforts, Convio content, prizes, packing, and evaluation
* Coordinate running/walking program partnership with local running groups or businesses
Serve as the clearinghouse for volunteer projects from Development Team and ensure volunteers are brought in to accomplish tasks as needed
* In conjunction with the Development Director, execute event collateral as required.
* Develop and assist in managing Chapter Volunteer recruitment, on-boarding and event training.
* Pursue professional development opportunities through community resources
* Collaborate with the Development Assistant to manage donor data as it relates to assigned special events
* Manage Convio and other online giving and registration tools for assigned events
* Assist Development Director and Development Assistant providing data for stewardship plan for donors and event participants
* Function as a successful team member and coordinate streamlined systems, processes and procedures for events and volunteerism to ensure efficient use of resources and consistent communication with constituents
* Other duties as assigned
* College Degree preferred or additional training & five plus years relevant experience considered
* Successful event fundraising experience
* Data entry or related computer experience essential; strong background with fundraising databases (Convio, Personify, Results Plus preferred)
* Analytical skills
* Able to coordinate projects independently, while integrating team/committee consensus and feedback
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Exceptional level of integrity
Job Reference #: 3164