Development Logistics Manager
The Alzheimer’s Association, Southeast Florida Chapter provides education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community. The Development Logistics Manager supports the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association by assisting with event fundraising efforts, marketing, public relations and constituent needs.
* Utilize Convio to manage Walk to End Alzheimer’s and TLD event participation, communications and enhance fundraising of signature events.
* Maintain accurate records of event income, expenses and participation.
* Work in collaboration with the Vice President of Development to promote events in assigned areas.
* Assist with social media and other communications activities.
* Guide team captains/leads in their planning of third party events.
* Develop ads, signs, flyers etc. for print and online use.
* Coordinate the printing and dissemination of promotional materials for all events.
* Book walk and special events locations; complete all appropriate city, police and event forms for all events.
* Seek new and creative approaches to enhance, improve and grow the Walks and other events
* Offer support and assistance to constituents regarding their fundraising needs, website help calls and emails.
* Work in collaboration with the Constituent Events Manager to organize the day of logistics for each walk, including but not limited to: walk routes, rental of equipment, entertainment, speakers, signage and media.
* Update walk/TLD/special event websites with sponsor logos, mass emails, timelines, and all other walk related details
* Help assist walk and event volunteers on the day of events.
* Monitor, capture and report all incoming sponsor, team, and individual fundraising efforts by updated walk sites correctly and timely.
* Use MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.)
* Preferred - Knowledge of Convio (donor database) and Adobe Creative Suite Programs (including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
* Assist in the coordination and successful execution of various chapter sponsored events
* All other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of related work experience
* Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
* Ability to communicate in person and by phone with internal and external customers
* Initiative and maturity; quick learner
* Strong personality who can maintain composure under pressure
* Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and team participation
* Willingness to travel within the 8 counties of the Southeast Florida Chapter
* Trustworthy to handle donations in the form of cash, check, credit card or in-kind
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to work with a wide range of people including family caregivers, volunteers, public officials, and people of high prominence in the community.
* Ability to work independently without direct supervision
* Presents self in a professional manner
* Ability to work daytime, some evenings and weekends
Job Reference #: 3205