Development Internship - Paid College Station, TX
Development Intern 15 hours/week - paid internship
Location: Bryan / College Station, TX
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Development Intern is responsible for representing the Alzheimer’s Association in the Bryan / College Station, TX area. The key roles of the position include the implementation of the Brazos Valley Walk to End Alzheimer’s and wrap-around events to meet or exceed the budgeted goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* In coordination with Walk Manager, develop a plan of action to ensure logistical needs are met both prior and during the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
* Work with logistics sub-committee to secure in-kind donations for walk
* Coordinate vendor contracts
* Assist in outreach to donors, businesses, sponsors and volunteers by phone and email
* Recruit team captains for the Walk
* Assist newly registered walkers with setting up websites
* Assist with mailings of Walk marketing materials
* Attend and assist with wrap around events
* Attend monthly Walk committee meeting
* Participate in a weekly call with management
* Attend outside networking events as schedule allows
* List upcoming events on community calendars and volunteer websites
* Fulfill clerical needs and various projects as assigned by development staff
* Assist with social networking efforts
* Maintain a working knowledge of the Alzheimer’s Association mission and its programs
* Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work independently, and manage multiple tasks
* Interest and ease with working with varied constituents
* Strong interest in the non-profit sector
* Experience with special events, fundraising or marketing
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Social Media and Adobe Creative Cloud
* Posses excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
* Occasional travel to Houston headquarters
* Sense of humor and personable
Director of Constituent Events and Walk Manager
Work schedule is flexible with a minimum of 15 hours per week and availability to work evenings is a plus.
Currently enrolled students seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Health, Business, Non-Profit Management, Public Relations or Marketing.
Must have valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3613