Walk to End Alzheimer’s® ranks as the second-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States, and continues to set the pace as one of the fastest growing walk events in the country.
As Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, you will be responsible for driving the success of a large walk event. Leading a team of dynamic volunteer leaders, you will put your proven sales and relationship management skills to work achieving revenue goals through positive engagement with corporate and community volunteer leaders. As a recognized and enthusiastic community mobilizer and networker, you will exponentially increase brand awareness as you cultivate relationships with key C-suite corporate and community partners.
Your success at recruiting, coaching and empowering volunteers will ensure strong volunteer committee retention and succession planning that sets your event up for success for years to come. As an ambitious fundraiser in the peer-to-peer space, you will coach and inspire your volunteers, teams and participants to set fundraising goals that propel your event to one of the most successful in the country.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus and relocation assistance!!
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You have proven success at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving organizational and revenue goals
- You are able to drive success and provide positive engagement with volunteers through coaching, recognition, and accountability
- Your experience in providing inspirational leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs has resulted in meeting or exceeding revenue goals around mass market events/special events and corporate sponsorship
- You have successfully recruited, managed, and coached volunteers to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals
- You are known as a uniter and have successfully built a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community and volunteer relationships
- You have managed volunteer-led mass-market events, preferably a large event, that has resulted in revenue growth year over year
- You have achieved or surpassed designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
- You have demonstrated success at prospecting, cultivating and stewarding teams, sponsors and participants
- You are comfortable with managing event budgets, training volunteers, utilizing timelines and translating data
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of proven experience recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and community leaders to achieve goals, preferably in a peer-to-peer fundraising environment OR 5-7 years successful experience meeting sales targets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, and establish accountability processes
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for identifying, recruiting and engaging high-level and C-Suite volunteer leadership
- Demonstrated volunteer management skills, including the ability set clear goals, identify priorities, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, establish accountability processes
- Strong ability to build sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving organizational and revenue goals
- Ability to work with diverse communities and build an inclusive environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
Title: Director Development
Position Location: Philadelphia, PA
Full time: Based on 37.5 hours/week
Position Grade: 208
Reports To: VP Development
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.