Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Development Coordinator will support the Development Department with Tulsa and northern Oklahoma fundraising events, primarily including the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Memory Gala, AWARE luncheon, and rural Walks. Lead the daily processes for processing donations, invoicing and collections of pledges, and drive the Walk timelines while providing direct support for the Tulsa Walk manager and Director of Development.
- Follow established timelines for Walk to End Alzheimer’s, assisting with implementation of events, including scheduling committee meetings, managing all event mailings, and logistical needs.
- Recruit, train and develop volunteers to assist with mailings, day-of-event registration and other activities.
- Take a leading role in the logistical implementation of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s events in Tulsa and northern rural events.
- Coordinate sponsors for Walk to End ALZ Memory Gala, tracking benefits, RSVPs, event guest placement and assets for each.
- Build a working relationship with vendors for each event, tracking invoices and submitting check request forms as requested.
- Follow procedures for incoming mail and daily cash log, updating fundraising spreadsheets, reconciling with finance at quarterly intervals, providing guidance for revenue allocation, and performing occasional data entry.
- Manage donor information within databases, noting address changes, name changes, deaths, etc. This will include training in Team Approach, Results Plus and Convio.
- Manage invoices/collection for sponsorship/partnership payments for all events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals
- Volunteer management experience a plus
- Adaptability and sense of humor are an absolute must
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3395