Development Coordinator, The Longest Day
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
We invite qualified applicants to consider this part-time (25 hrs/week) opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Development Coordinator t is responsible for leading the success of the Chapter’s second signature fundraising event, The Longest Day (TLD). This position will work closely with the chapter’s Development Staff and a regional TLD Team.
This position will be located in West Virginia, with travel around the state.
- Develop the overall plan for The Longest Day within the territory to include team captain recruitment and retention; promotion and marketing activities; and team captain fundraising support.
- Provide ongoing support to overall operations, including database management, report preparation, constituent relations, and communications and revenue reconciliation.
- Prepare and distribute communications to volunteers and donors via multiple channels, including email, social media, print, and telephone.
- Support year-round relationships with constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Support the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Research, identify and helps cultivate new opportunities for TLD events and partners.
- Plan and execute committee meetings and wrap-around events.
- Prepare deposits of cash, checks and credit card payments to send to the third party processing vendor.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with team captains, business organizations and social clubs.
- Represent the West Virginia Chapter’s interests in the identification and development of Longest Day events.
- Execute best practices for leadership development, increased participation, event revenue growth, and creativity/innovation.
- Assist with and participate, as needed, in all chapter fundraising events
- Maintain accurate records of event participation and other metrics.
- Submit timely and accurate records, including weekly reports, and other information as requested.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self-improvement
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two years of work, volunteer or internship experience in marketing, fundraising, nonprofit management and/or special events,
- Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees strongly preferred,
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills,
- Excellent customer service skills,
- Flexible, creative, resource and independent,
- High level of enthusiasm and a positive attitude,
- Ability to independently multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with little supervision,
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with community and coworkers,
- Ability to support other staff members and effectively collaborate on Chapter strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database applications, Internet fundraising, Adobe Acrobat and Google,
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs,
Job Reference #: 3834