Development Associate, Logistics & Outreach Coord
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-drive atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Founded in 1980, the Association operates out of its main office in Waltham, MA, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, as well as Bedford NH. The MA/NH Chapter is a founding chapter of the national Alzheimer’s Association.
General Statement of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senior Director - Walk to End Alzheimer’s, the Logistics and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for organizing key packing elements of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, and the Association’s Run-Tri-Ride Program. This individual is also responsible for managing the numerous phone banks for each of these three fundraising programs. This is an opportunity for a new professional to develop important organizational skills in a growing environment. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee key Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day and Run-Tri-Ride event logistics and activities, including:
- Review and finalize packing lists with each Event Manager and discuss any specific packing needs they may have
- Coordinate ordering and organization of event signage
- Oversee the warehouse and all material packing for each event
- Plan and execute breakdown of materials post event
- Provide overall support to the event staff
- Internal event setup: providing signage & supplies for meetings and in house events
- Attend various tabling and Association events as needed to promote the Walk,TLD and other programs
- Oversee all aspects of the Association’s event phone bank activities, including:
- Recruit, manage and motivate a team of volunteers to lead outreach efforts through weekly phone banks
- Prepare outreach lists in Excel and create calling campaigns throughout the year
- Coordinate with Development staff to streamline follow-up and provide quality customer service to our constituents
Key Educational/Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in fundraising
- Two years' related experience, preferably in development or administrative support
- Three years' experience with Microsoft Office and Google platforms
- Two years' experience with fundraising software
Key Professional Attributes
- Punctuality with an appreciation of the impact of providing effective coverage to the success of the Association
- Professional personal demeanor and presence, recognizing the significance of the role as the initial "face/voice" of the Association
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, since efficient use of time and flexibility are requisites to meeting the high level of support demand
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure with a wide range of personalities, including resolving conflicts quickly and effectively
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Competitive Salary and Benefits provided
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3877