Job Title: Development Assistant
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Development Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Perform a variety of responsible administrative, development and communications activities in support of the Desert Southwest Chapter’s vision, mission, and goals in Arizona and Southern Nevada. Duties include administrative, clerical and customer service functions, create social media content, graphic design work, data input and database management, bulk mailing, report generation and the coordination of multiple projects. This position involves significant collaborative efforts with staff, volunteers, organizations, and diverse community members.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- 3 years of progressively responsible work history in administrative roles and coordinating projects with report capabilities and deadlines.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency in database management and fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Indesign, and Google Apps.
- Expertise with office equipment and procedures
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar and spelling. Ability to compose general business correspondence and review own work for accuracy.
- Excellent customer service/ interpersonal skills.
- Accountable and proactive in meeting deadlines assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Process mail and code donor funds.
- Maintain donor database. Input confidential charitable gift information, prepare reports as requested and ensure data accuracy.
- Provide administrative and coordination support for development activities including direct mail, bulk mailings, bulk emails, special events, identifying prospective supporters, donor cultivation, planned giving, recognition activities and tribute programs.
- Assist with support of localized fundraising and communication efforts for Regional Offices.
- Directly interact with donors, including answering development and organization inquiries, accepting donations and coordinating major and planned giving information.
- Provide administrative and coordination support for communications projects including updating web pages, organizing and coordinating information for newsletters, and media outreach.
- Create Graphic Design work such as Sponsorship Packets, Event Flyer's, etc.
- Create Social Media content in collaboration with Development Team
- Organizing and creating items for team kits (simple signs, mail merges, labels, etc.)
- Assembling and mailing kits for various teams and businesses.
- Provide other clerical support as needed for Development and Communications, and as part of the Chapter/ Central Arizona administrative staff team. Provide back-up support for other administrative staff. Tasks include answering phones, greeting office visitors, preparing meeting notes/ minutes, preparing copies and information packets.
- Assist with planning and implementing of wrap around events.
- Track RSVPs for Events
- Logistical coordination for day of events.
- Provide supervision and training to assigned volunteers.
- Ordering of event supplies (i.e. signage, incentive prizes, etc.)
- Process Sponsorship invoices and track receipt of payment and benefits received for sponsorship
- Assist the Development Director to ensure compliance with National and Chapter policies and standard operating procedures.
- Foster communication and positive relationships between offices and volunteers.
- Serve as a member of the staff team participating in the development of operational plans and coordinating with other members.
- Multicultural sensitivity required as we continue to reach out to underserved communities.
- Effective logistical coordination skills to encourage teamwork and work cooperatively with others.
- Possess valid AZ driver's license and vehicle to use in performance of job.
- Other duties as needed and appropriately assigned.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing, Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement.
The Alzheimer's Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.