Development Assistant, Event Support, Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
The Alzheimer’s Association leads the way to end Alzheimer’s and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is oneof the top peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States.
This full-time temporary, seasonal position will be based in Waltham, MA.
Weekend work would be required for each our two Walk weekends, September 24-25 and October 1-2.
Reporting to the Senior Director - Walk to End Alzheimer’s® and working alongside a fellow Development Assistant, this position is responsible for the material packing for our 13 Walk to End Alzheimer’s events taking place this September and October.
Core Job Responsibilities
Support the Walk to End Alzheimer’s logistics and activities by:
- Reviewing and finalizing packing lists with the Senior Director Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Walk Managers, and discuss any specific packing needs they may have
- Pack for all 13 Walk to End Alzheimer’s across MA and NH, with work under strict deadlines
- Material organization, inventory and ordering
- Confirm receipt of orders/deliveries and event signage
- Preparing for and working with/managing volunteers
- Phone outreach to past Walkers
- Assisting with in office mailings
- Provide additional overall support to Walk Managers as needed
- Execute flip of materials between Walk weekends and breakdown after weekend number two
Key Educational/Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year of office administrative experience
Key Professional Attributes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Professional personal demeanor and presence in person and via telephone
- Punctuality with an appreciation of the impact of effective coverage to the success of the Association
- Superior self-management skills, as independent initiative and ability to collaborate with others are essential
- Deadline driven, incorporating effective planning and time management strategies that support collaborative delivery of results
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, since efficient use of time and flexibility are requisites to meeting the high level of support demand
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure with a wide range of personalities, including resolving conflicts quickly and effectively
Job Title: Development Assistant, Event Support, Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Location: Waltham, MA
Status: Seasonal Temporary, Full time, non-exempt
Duration: July through mid-October, 2022
Reports To: Senior Director - Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.