Development Assistant, Event Support (Seasonal Temp)
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen. The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times twelve years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you!
We are now hiring for two temporary positions responsible for the material packing for our 12 Walk to End Alzheimer’s events taking place this September and October. Benefits are not available for this seasonal role.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing Walk program in the country, ranking as the second-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. This position will be based in Waltham, MA and primarily will work in our warehouse with all Walk inventory and newly ordered materials needed for successful events this fall.
General Statement of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director - Walk to End Alzheimer’s, these temporary seasonal Development Assistants are responsible for supporting logistical needs for 12 Walk to End Alzheimer’s events. Weekend work would be required for both our two Walk weekends, September 25-26 and October 2-3.
Core Job Responsibilities
Support the Walk to End Alzheimer’s logistics and activities by:
- Reviewing and finalizing packing lists with the Senior Director WTEA and Walk Managers, and discuss any specific packing needs they may have
- Packing for all 12 Walk to End Alzheimer’s across MA and NH, with work under strict deadlines
- Organizing inventory and ordering
- Confirming receipt of orders/deliveries and event signage
- Preparing for and working with/managing volunteers
- Handling phone outreach to past Walkers
- Assisting with in office mailings
- Providing additional overall support to Walk Managers as needed
- Executing flip of materials between Walk weekends and breakdown after weekend number two
Key Educational/Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year of office administrative or similar experience
Key Professional Attributes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Professional personal demeanor and presence in person and via telephone
- Punctuality with an appreciation of the impact of effective coverage to the success of the Association
- Superior self-management skills, as independent initiative and ability to collaborate with others are essential
- Deadline driven, incorporating effective planning and time management strategies that support collaborative delivery of results
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, since efficient use of time and flexibility are requisites to meeting the high level of support demand
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure with a wide range of personalities, including resolving conflicts quickly and effectively
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.