Dementia Coalition Specialist
The Dementia Coalition Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of the Richland County Dementia Coalition Plan including the recruitment, on boarding, and training of volunteers, supporting outreach and committee activities of the Richland County Dementia Coalition, and community education presentations under the supervision of the Program Coordinator. Activities must be succinct with the strategic plan of the Alzheimer’s Association and state of Ohio Dementia Capable Plan.
Efforts will include assisting with the coordination and implementation of the Richland County Dementia Coalition work plan which including 1) Organizing and planning Richland County Dementia Coalition meetings; 2) Community Education and Outreach; 3) Volunteer Recruitment and Training and 4) Dementia Capable Recognition Program.
This is a part time position working 16 hours per week, 3 to 4 days per week. Hours will vary, evenings and weekends as needed.
* Actively participate in the chapter’s programs and services team to ensure the effective integration of strategic directions into the Dementia Coalition work plan including attending Program Volunteer University.
* Work with the Executive Director, the Program Director, the Signature Events Coordinator, under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, to create, plan, and execute dementia capable initiatives such as recruiting and training coalition/committee volunteers; offering community education presentations, training volunteers to deliver educational presentations, and provide ongoing information and outreach activities to secure volunteers, program participants, community engagement, and funding.
* Provide support and assistance to other related events and activities to promote the Alzheimer’s Association including but not limited to special events, programs and services and other related activities.
* Work and communicate with all constituencies and staff members in a positive manner.
* Direct suggestions on office procedures, policy and activities to Program Coordinator and Signature Events Coordinator in the Ontario/Mansfield office.
* Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma required, associates or bachelors degree preferred
* Experience in managing meetings, program administration and supervising volunteers
* Knowledge of applicable organizations, healthcare systems and other businesses in Richland County
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point and utilizing email and internet
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work under deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to prioritize tasks; ability to sit for extended periods of time
Job Reference #: 3324