Database Coordinator / Analyst
Job Title: Database Coordinator / Analyst
Location: McLean, VA
Work Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week
Reports To: VP Programs & Services
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Database Coordinator/Analyst is responsible for managing the Program & Services department constituent engagement management software and for providing administrative support. This position will work to collect and manage data to analyze business functions, productivity and redundancies. This individual will oversee the overall data integrity of the department’s databases.
This position works cross functionally and collaboratively across the department and reports to the VP’s of Programs & Services. The position is in McLean, VA.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and maintains Program & Services department activity data using online database management systems. This position works closely with supportive staff and volunteers to accomplish this work.
- Produces monthly activity (i.e. board report, I&R, physician outreach, dashboard, regional activity) and grant reports. Maintains grant awards recordkeeping.
- Monitors and preserve the integrity of data entered into the Databases through routine and scheduled database consistency checks and maintenance.
- Attends monthly Personify conference calls and updates our date entries accordingly.
- Responds in a timely manner to various requests from the Vice President.
- Assists in the production of printed material for special events.
- Assists in maintaining various departmental files.
- Attends special events as directed to assist the Vice President.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of database management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be comfortable with technology and with using multiple software.
- Personify, Knack, Tableau software application or other constituent software experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel including the use of macros, document merges and file exports.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to organize and present data accurately and concisely.
- Must be well organized and able to produce accurate work in a logical, analytical and timely manner.
- Able to accurately perform numerous tasks simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing , Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.