Corporate and Community Partnerships Manager
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for managing the individual donor, corporate giving and strategic partnership fundraising initiatives for the Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter. This position will also build strategic relationships as well as conduct community outreach activities to support Care and Support services in the Chapter’s service area. Additionally, the position will implement the organization’s strategic plan goals, increase service contacts and reach new constituents through the successful engagement of volunteers.
Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial goals through individual and corporate fundraising, identifying and soliciting volunteers for leadership roles, and researching and pursuing new community partnerships. Based in Houston, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works on Chapter’s annual Reason to Hope breakfast to identify and cultivate new and current donors in order to elevate Chapter’s fundraising capacity
* Works on Chapter’s education conferences to identify and cultivate new corporate and community partnerships in order to expand Chapter’s care and support initiatives
* Identifies, recruits and help train high impact volunteer leaders that will assist the organization in increasing awareness specifically for the Chapter’s Reason to Hope breakfast and the Chapter’s educational conferences
* Cultivate a pipeline of volunteer leadership for succession planning
* Act as staff corporate liaison for all Chapter events including sponsorship opportunities and employee involvement
* Identify and cultivate new corporate and community partnerships that will be beneficial to the strategic plan’s pillars of increasing care and support and fundraising streams
* Identify prospects for corporate employee giving & cause related marketing programs; work in conjunction with Home Office on National initiatives/partnerships
* Assure Chapter compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for other duties as assigned.
* Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years successful track record in sales & fundraising
* Preferred experience in identifying, recruiting and mobilizing high impact volunteers to achieve goals
* Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter with proven experience in managing simultaneous projects & events
* Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals
* Demonstrated ability to form and develop donor relationships
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Has vast understanding for the Alzheimer’s Association mission including its research, policy, programs and services provided
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
* While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
* Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Personify, Team Approach/Convio software
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3451