Coordinator, Programs and Services - Southwest County Area
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator, Programs & Services (Southwest county area)
Serving South Dallas and the Southwest Area counties (i.e. Ellis, Navarro, Kaufman, Henderson, Van Zandt and Anderson), the Programs & Services Coordinator is an experienced professional with ability to provide leadership and project management; develop and execute Hispanic outreach and service coordination within this assigned area supporting the Alzheimer’s Association Dallas & Northeast Texas Chapter’s mission and strategic implementation plan. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to increasing awareness, developing community collaboration and building relationships; recruiting and coaching volunteers; assisting in professional outreach, education and program development; and ensuring compliance with grants and foundation requirements; and willingness to work as part of a team to fulfill the full mission of the organization to increase revenue and people served. Bilingual (Spanish) is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Work as part of a team to accomplish Chapter goals of increased revenue and people served.
* Within the team, identify, build and manage assigned region and/or projects to achieve the Chapter’s goals and objectives in accordance with the annual Strategic Implementation Plan.
* Within the team, identify, build and manage assigned grant funded projects to achieve the Chapter’s goals and objectives in accordance with the Grant Contract.
* Working with leadership, develop, coordinate and implement strategies for the expansion of information, awareness, programs and services delivery (education, care & support, early stage, health care systems etc.) throughout assigned, initiatives and projects.
* Working with leadership, expand the Chapter’s Diversity and Inclusion Pillar to increase reach to underserved communities such as the Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, Asian and LGBT.
* Working with leadership, facilitate assigned project scope, goals and deliverables, through the development and implementation of individual project overviews, timelines, marketing strategy, budgets, periodic and wrap-up reports.
* Participate in all training and professional development opportunities related to accomplishing the goals of this position. These include, but are not limited to, Master Trainer, Community Education; Master Trainer Early Stage Services; Master Trainer Support Group Facilitation; Information & Referral Delivery; Care Consultation, Level 1and Personify.
* Supporting the Alzheimer’s Association Volunteer Program Delivery Model, recruit, develop and coach volunteers to accomplish the program goals and initiatives assigned for region and project.
* Receive and act on internal and external care and support requests, providing timely follow up for all contact and outreach.
* Develop and manage tactics to achieve positive and productive relations between the Alzheimer’s Association and the community.
* Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements; promote Association-wide programs and initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Some nights and weekend work may be required.
* Work space will be determined based on regional scope
* Work may be stressful during periods of high volume
* Computer w/internet access
* Copy, fax and postage machines available in Dallas Office
* 8X8 telephone system
* Proficient speaking and writing in both the Spanish and English language.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college; significant work experience may be considered as a substitute for the degree.
* At least 3 year experience working with diverse populations, building relationships and advancing program delivery and project development preferred.
* Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email, social media and web searches.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
* Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3159