Constituent Events Manager
- Recruits, trains and retains volunteer planning committee members in accordance with the National volunteer committee structure and guidelines
- Implements and manages the committee model structure for each event, ensuring that key positions have strong volunteer leaders. Proactively seeks out and recruits new and qualified volunteers.
- Identifies, recruits, trains and manages high impact volunteers for fundraising events who will lead the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
- Ensures that events meet revenue and participant targets by proactively securing event sponsorships, team fundraising, and participant fundraising.
- Tracks event metrics and plans strategies to fill revenue gaps.
- Leads coordination of event logistics, publicity, communications, and evaluation through volunteer planning committees.
- Meets with sponsors, potential sponsors, company representatives and makes presentations on sponsorship, team participation, and volunteer opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for each event, establishing budgets, work plans and timelines and preparing timely special events reports for management.
- Provides ongoing support to overall operations of the service area to include: customer service to constituents, database mining and management, donor/sponsor/advocate relations and communications; management of vendor relations.
- Collaborates with Regional Director of Communications to create written materials for fundraising events and volunteer recruitment i.e. plans, appeal letters, proposals, acknowledgements.
- Assists management in annually preparing a strategic development plan to include the various fundraising events and methods of generating revenue, team fundraising and volunteer participation.
- Implements and adheres to a calendar of events, project timelines and milestones. Creates work plans for each event.
- Quickly responds and resolves all inquiries, issues, or problems.
- Assists Development Director in determining the budget for fundraising events.
- Makes public presentations regarding the Chapter and fundraising events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years equivalent experience in fundraising, special event coordination or volunteer management.
- Experience in volunteer management including recruitment, retention, and training required
- Experience in major event fundraising management preferred
- Experience in public speaking or public relations preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate in person, by phone and electronically with data and present information verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage workload effectively to meeting deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills to develop and coordinate special events, public relations, and assist with educational special events
- Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Possess the ability to inspire and engage communities and volunteers comprised of all demographics
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign preferred
- Availability and willingness to travel within the Chapter territory to support constituent events
- Possess valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required to fulfill the duties of the role
- Travel across Chapter territory and region - approximately 25 percent
- internal and external constituents
- Ability to analyze
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3015