Constituent Events Manager
Position Title: Constituent Events Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Development, Constituent Events
Location: McLean, VA
This position will manage development and execution of local Longest Day recruitment and retention efforts and be held accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of a volunteer committee.
This role will also manage Blondes vs. Brunettes, ALZ Stars events, other third party fundraisers and initiatives as assigned achieving income performance targets. In addition, this position will support operational and stewardship activities for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for achieving revenue targets for the Longest Day with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget and strategic implementation plan.
* Recruits, engages, trains and manages relationships with community based leadership volunteers (chapter wide) to develop and execute a local recruitment, cultivation and retention plan for new and veteran Longest Day teams.
* Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for the Longest Day that includes budget management, adherence to timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development and marketing/PR.
* Implements best practices for leadership development, increased participation and event revenue growth; drives and encourages creativity and innovation at the community and chapter level.
* Collaborates with key departments to ensure cross promotion, and support of, organizational goals and/or messages.
* Monitors activities to identify trends and best practices; measures impact of specific actions; identifies and addresses issues as they arise and adjusts plans as required.
* Utilizes available resources to maximize event results and participates in webinars, conference calls and/or trainings offered by the Association.
* Support and manage local Blondes vs. Brunettes event and volunteer leadership.
* Support and manage charity running program and other third party fundraisers.
* Manage websites and provide customer service to those participants and donors interfacing with fundraising websites. Ensure timely and efficient data entry and donation processing.
* Support operational and stewardship activities for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and other Constituent Events to include engaging corporate and community leaders via employee engagement and sponsor and high level volunteer recruitment.
* Provide high touch customer service and support by responding to inquiries, engaging participants via phone, email or in person.
* Meet recruitment goals for each event by cultivating and establishing new relationships with community leaders and organizations.
* Regularly attends and presents at community and networking events to establish presence in community.
* Ensures compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to support large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees with ability to motivate and coach volunteers to meet fundraising goals.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Apps suite
* Self-starter with ability to function autonomously and as a member of a team, with a high regard for accountability and outcomes
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
* Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines with strong planning and organizational skills.
* Strong customer service orientation
* Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals
* Strong business acumen with a high level of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and initiative
* Proficiency in fundraising database software (Blackbaud experience preferred)
* Ability to travel on a regular basis, including early mornings, evenings and weekends throughout Chapter territory
* Ability to engage members of community
* Demonstrated skills in community organization, relationship building, talent identification and leadership development.
* Comfortable networking, meeting and talking to new people and engaging those individuals in the mission and activities of the Association.
* Ability to represent the Association at public events, fundraisers and media events, including public speaking and media presentations as assigned.
* Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
* Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
* Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
* Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
* Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
* Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
* Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
* Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
Job Reference #: 3168