Constituent Event Manager, The Longest Day
The Constituent Events Manager will manage development and execution of local constituent events (The Longest Day and RivALZ) recruitment and retention efforts and be held accountable for the achievement of revenue targets through the effective recruitment, engagement and mobilization of a volunteer Team Task Force.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the successful implementation and achievement of fundraising goals for the Association’s second signature event, The Longest Day. Also, responsible for the RivALZ event.
? Engages, trains and manages relationships with community based leadership volunteers to develop and execute a local recruitment, cultivation and retention plan for new and veteran Longest Day teams and RivALZ players/participants
? Develops and demonstrates skills in community organization, relationship building, talent identification and leadership development.
? Collaborates with other key departments to ensure cross promotion, and support of, organizational goals and/or messages
? Monitors activities to identify trends and best practices; measures impact of specific actions; identifies and addresses issues as they arise and adjusts plans as required
? Utilizes available resources to maximize event results and participates in webinars, conference calls and/or trainings offered by the Association for The Longest Day and RivALZ
? Ensures inclusion of The Longest Day and RivALZ within Chapter promotional/communications channels including email, social media, e-News; public relations and local marketing efforts
? Ensures compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies and procedures
? Serve at the Chapter’s communications contact:
? Coordinate Chapter online communication and social media activities, including via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media; and the Chapter web site, bi-annual newsletter, online calendars, and blog.
? Assist with media relations activities, including: - Capture, draft and archive constituent and volunteer partner stories. Conduct local media outreach to promote Chapter activities including, but not limited to Education Conference, The Longest Day, Walk to End Alzheimer's, Alzheimer's Action Day, National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness/National Caregivers Month and ongoing monthly programs and services. - Coordinate fulfillment and track results of media sponsorship agreements, including providing public service announcements in requested formats and scheduling interviews for public affairs opportunities.
? Assist with graphic design and copywriting/copy editing: create flyers, brochures and other collateral.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred; Associate’s degree required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least three years of experience in a nonprofit development/fundraising setting
• Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment
• Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines with strong planning and organizational skills.
• Outcomes driven
• Strong customer service orientation
• Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals
• Proficient in computer based information systems
• Demonstrated expertise recruiting and managing volunteers preferred