Computer Lab Technician
The Computer Lab Technician is responsible for operating system build/imaging and distribution to the organization. This role will also handle internal repairs for desktop/laptop and communication with vendors through oversight and guidance of team leader. This role will also provide opportunities for involvement in end-user support surrounding application setup and deployments for business as usual requests and deployments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lab technical Support: Monitoring of day-to-day end-user desktop/laptop distributions, imaging and configure new hardware/software according to departmental procedures and best practices.
- End-user Support: Provide technical support (User based-hardware troubleshooting and standard software installation). Provides printer support services for configuration and continued monitoring and management.
- Asset Management: - Inventory maintenance, recycle and reporting.
- Remote device management: Assists with Laptop/desktop deployments : Grant access for local installs such as tailored application
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or 2 years of IT system support.
- 2 years working as part of a helpdesk team.
- 2 years of experience using a helpdesk ticket management system.
- Hands-on experience managing user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Google.
- Experience installing software and operating system firmware.
- Knowledge and understanding of security concepts including network, server, and computer security.
- Able to organize and prioritize work in order to meet helpdesk customer service levels and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective communication (verbal and written).
- Excellent analytical skills to use towards problem-solving helpdesk issues.
- Certification in fundamental technology concepts, core technical (desktop) skills is a plus.
Job Reference #: 3875