Community Coordinator for Volunteers and Outreach
The Alzheimer's Association provides a variety of education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the general community. The Community Coordinator for volunteers and outreach is responsible for recruiting and training volunteers, responding to health fair and programmatic requests, providing engagement opportunities with prospective volunteers and promotion and marketing of chapter outreach efforts. This role also supports other departments to promote all the services of the chapter.
Essential Job Functions:
Advancing Care and Support
* Uses Association guidelines to develop and implement ongoing recruitment campaigns to recruit new volunteers through community outreach, including forums, presentations and digital communication
* Manages volunteer website and assists prospective volunteers with information, application, background check and orientation process
* Interviews potential volunteers to match established needs and criteria and refers those not matching to other sources
* Tracks volunteer activities
* Encourages self-scheduling and assists scheduling volunteer activities as appropriate to meet community and Chapter needs and metrics
* Presents at appropriate organizational and community events and implements Association led events across the chapter, sharing opportunities to partner with the Association through promotion of volunteer positions and other organizational initiatives
* Participates in special events and activities across departments as requested
* Ability to work within guidelines of national strategic plan
* Remains knowledgeable of current information and research related to Alzheimer’s and related diseases as well as national, state, and local initiatives that affect the targeted population
* Ability to work with diverse populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain strong relationships
* Works with team members to assure that established protocol and procedures are followed
* Maintains accurate records of program and event participation to support strategic plan
* Submits timely and accurate data entry and reports as necessary through Association data management systems
* Collaborates with team members on initiatives as requested to support the strategic plan.
* Manages volunteer program that includes regular engagement, supervision, recognition, evaluation, redirection and/or dissolution of volunteer duties/partnership when necessary and per Association protocol
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in human services, marketing and/or non-
* Experience with cognitive decline and dementia
* Demonstrated success in management of a volunteer-led program including recruitment, training, evaluation and recognition
* Excellent program management skills, including administrative and database
* Proficiency in applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Google applications
* Experience in public speaking with strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with volunteers and staff
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel as needed, mostly day trips throughout the chapter territory
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to move between tasks and learn systems related to job function
* High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
* Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle during course of employment
* Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
* Occasional evening and weekend hours to fulfill work requirements, including multiple weekends during Walk season.
* Workload will fluctuate with varying deadlines and priorities.
* Work may be conducted in a variety of environments, including office and public meeting spaces.
* Ability to operate designated office equipment
* Some lifting
* Use of all approved Association equipment
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3425