Community Outreach Coordinator
At the Alzheimer's Association we are the brains behind saving yours. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer's, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer's research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
The Community Outreach Coordinator acts as a program liaison and marketing resource for community agencies focusing on Physician Outreach within the Oklahoma City Metro area. This position will be able to conduct limited professional caregiver training and in-services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use on-going education and share the most up-to-date information and experiences with peers and the public. Maintain current and accurate knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, the effects on families, in-depth knowledge of community resources, and cultural competence to diverse populations effectively.
- Serve as the Coordinator for the Physician Outreach program staff in the Oklahoma City office.
- Identify key physicians, physician organizations and pharmacists for our Strategic Goals.
- Achieve physician referral goals as outlined in Strategic Implementation Plan
- Identify and nurture full-mission partnerships through relationship-building with healthcare systems and Long Term Care facilities and collaboration involving other departments of the Chapter
- Primarily responsible for presentations to multiple and diverse groups
- Collaborate with counterparts throughout the state for Alzheimer’s Workplace Alliance program. Identify potential membership and assists in recruiting businesses to AWA.
- Works with other staff in securing locations/times for outside meetings and events.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding problems and resolutions.
- Communicates with all staff on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent 5 years of experience required, focus on Gerontology, social work or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in working with measurable goals and building external relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively; excellent interpersonal and social skills; relationship building with background in senior care or healthcare community a plus
- Proven organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred - Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Google platform
- Must be a customer focused, team player, professional in demeanor, adaptable with change and new priorities, demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, and have a passionate "can do" attitude.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2824