Community Outreach Coordinator
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you
The Community Outreach Coordinator acts as a program liaison for community agencies focusing on community and health systems outreach, connecting education and family outreach staff within the Oklahoma City metro and Northwest Oklahoma area. This position requires a broad range of professional relationship skills as well as organizational knowledge.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, the effects on families, in-depth knowledge of community resources, and cultural competence to diverse populations effectively.
- Physician Outreach in OKC and Northwest Oklahoma market
- Healthcare System engagement in OKC and Northwest Oklahoma market
- Long Term Care facility engagement in OKC and Northwest Oklahoma market
- Coordinates Program educational events with special emphasis upon the Core Program Plan
- Coordinates meetings, events, appointments, etc.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments to coordinate and resolve problematic processes
- Possesses ability to present the core presentations
- Demonstrates knowledge of resources in the area and has comfort level with visiting retirement communities, facilities, etc., to spread the message of what the Association does
- Networks with community leaders, building relationships that can be strategically leveraged to enhance fundraising efforts
- Connects community leaders with Development staff and Walk committee, encouraging participation at multiple levels
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills. Responsible for presentations to multiple and diverse groups.
- Develop linkages with service providers to facilitate the connection of families with appropriate services
- Raises awareness of volunteer opportunities within the OKC metro and northwest Oklahoma territory
- Coordinates meetings, appointments, etc.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments to coordinate and resolve challenging processes
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree or 5 equivalent years of experience required, focus on Gerontology, social work , public health or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in working with measurable goals and building external relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively; excellent interpersonal and social skills; relationship building with background in senior care or healthcare community a plus
- Proven organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred - Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Google platform
- Must be a customer focused, team player, professional in demeanor, adaptable with change and new priorities, demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, and have a passionate "can do" attitude.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3518