Community Outreach Coordinator
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for outreach to the Latino/Hispanic community, particularly in Kent County in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area, to expand awareness of dementia and the Alzheimer's Association. This position is also responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of agency programs through direct and volunteer provided services. The Community Outreach Coordinator reports to the West Regional Director.
This is a fully benefited, at-will, grant-funded position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Identify strategies and best practices in order to promote education and awareness of dementia, the Alzheimer's Association and available services to the Latino/Hispanic community, particularly residents of Kent County.
* Identify and develop new relationships with organizations and community leaders in Kent County to assist in providing outreach and programming to the Latino/Hispanic population.
* Develop, coordinate and facilitate meetings of the Latino/Hispanic Dementia Advisory Board.
* Recruit, train and supervise a core group of volunteers to assist in outreach efforts.
* Prepare and conduct community presentations to increase knowledge of dementia and Association programs and services.
* Conduct individual client and group meetings.
* Provide information, support, and referrals related to the identified needs of clients.
* Record and maintain required documentation.
* Conduct program evaluations.
* Develop and maintain client referral materials and brochures.
* Participate on Association work groups, community coalitions and advocacy groups.
* Maintain working relationships and a referral base through networking with other professionals.
* Represent the Alzheimer's Association at public forums, conferences, and media events; function as an advocate representing the Alzheimer's Association in the community.
* Assist the supervisor to ensure integration of strategic directions into the department work plan.
* Assist in marketing of agency programs and services.
* Assist in Chapter event activities and other assignments as dictated by the needs of the Chapter.
* Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Gerontology/Aging Studies or a related field.
* 3 plus years of experience in program development, planning and implementation.
* Familiarity and established connections in the Latino/Hispanic community and Kent County.
* Experience in community outreach preferred.
* Spanish fluency required
* Must possess valid driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of valid automobile insurance
* Self-starter, able to work with little supervision; highly motivated, detail oriented
* Working knowledge of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Job Reference #: 3165