Community Outreach Coordinator - African American Focus
- Identify and create relationships with physicians and local health systems to increase access to a timely diagnosis and quality care.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and retaining program volunteer’s to provide education programs, caregiver support groups and social engagement programs.
- Create and execute a strategy for reaching and serving diverse communities.
- Conduct timely and effective promotion and outreach on behalf of the organization, with a focus on increasing awareness of and promoting care and support programs.
- Identify and meet the needs of diverse communities and populations.
- Increase and coordinate development and implementation of services to diverse communities and populations in the region.
- Conduct outreach and education with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Represent the chapter at appropriate and assigned meetings and events.
- Remains knowledgeable and current on information related to Alzheimer’s and related dementias as well as national, state, and local initiatives that affect the targeted population.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service or healthcare education field and at least two years of professional experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with other staff, volunteers and clients
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to move boxes and supplies up to 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and community resources related to aging services
- Experience in program planning and implementation
- Experience in outreach to the African American community
- Public speaking experience
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2962