The Alzheimer’s Association is the voluntary health agency dedicated to eliminating Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders through the advancement of research and to enhancing care and support services for all affected. The Association’s Hudson Valley Chapter has an opportunity for a Community Engagement Manager to help us reach our strategic goals. This team member serves as a key staff person in fostering and marketing all programs, services and events to a broad range of audiences. This team member also provides guidance about meeting the needs of diverse communities in our chapter territory.
* Develops networks to assist the Chapter in reaching community leaders, families, and health and social service professionals, and raising awareness and funds.
* Markets all of the programs and services of the Alzheimer’s Association through community outreach, presentations about Alzheimer’s disease, and distribution of printed materials.
* Conducts education programs as outlined in the Association’s Common Program Plan.
* Provides support as part of the Chapter’s Community Engagement team to assure the team reaches grant goals.
* Manages reporting requirements for all of the grants. Identifies, trains and supervises outreach speakers/volunteers.
* Identifies and cultivates potential participants and donors for all chapter events including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Longest Day.
* Identifies potential individual donors, major donors and board members.
* Identifies and cultivates constituents for all chapter programs and services.
* Coordinates with the Director of Government Relations to meet advocacy goals and involve caregivers and individuals with dementia in advocacy activities.
* Assists the Chapter in reaching underserved populations and identifying unmet needs.
* Helps develop collaborative efforts with leaders in communities to engage their constituents.
* Coordinates with the Director of Government Relations and the Communications Manager to involve caregivers and individuals with dementia the opportunity to participate in media activities.
* Provides information about clinical trials and Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch to individuals and caregivers.
* Maintains and compiles program and service data; submits monthly reports of activities.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and chapter standards of the Alzheimer’s Association
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
* Experience working with volunteers.
* Ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present the organization in a professional manner.
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to cold call and grow local business/agency relationships to increase visibility, brand awareness, volunteers and revenue.
* Ability to work independently on projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of grant reporting.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel and with social media.
* Interest in aging issues and related service provision.
* Ability to be a strong team member.
* Ability to take action to promote a positive team climate.
* Ability to take responsibility to contribute to the success of the team.
* Ability to be flexible about working on team tasks.
* Highly motivated and able to work under pressure.
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties (a reliable car and valid NY state driver’s license are required)
* Bilingual abilities are a plus.
* Ability to attend evening meetings and participate in weekend events.