Community Engagement Manager
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager
Location: Purchase, NY Westchester County
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Reports To: Senior Director Community Engagement
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Alzheimer’s Association’s Hudson Valley, NY Chapter has an opportunity for a Community Engagement Manager to help us reach our strategic goals. This team member serves as a key staff person in fostering and marketing all programs, services, and events to a broad range of audiences throughout Westchester County. This team member also provides guidance about meeting the needs of diverse communities in our chapter territory.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops networks to assist the Chapter in reaching community leaders, families, and health and social service professionals, and raising awareness and funds.
- Markets all of the programs and services of the Alzheimer’s Association through community outreach, presentations about Alzheimer’s disease, and distribution of printed materials.
- Promotes the organization's mission through partnerships with other organizations and active participation in local collaboratives and committees.
- Manages volunteers in the delivery of programs and services.
- Mentor and support volunteer community educators to conduct education programs as outlined in the Association’s Common Program Plan. Responsible for related documentation.
- Mentor and support volunteer community and faith representatives to provide outreach to the community including representing the association at events and collaborative meetings.
- Responsible to assist with recruitment of new program volunteers for the chapter.
- Provides support as part of the Chapter Community Engagement team to assure the team reaches grant goals.
- Manages reporting requirements for all of the grants. Identifies, trains, and supervises outreach speakers/volunteers.
- Identifies and cultivates potential participants and donors for all chapter events including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day.
- Identifies potential individual donors, major donors, and board members.
- Identifies and cultivates constituents for all chapter programs and services.
- Coordinates with the Director of Government Relations to meet advocacy goals and involve caregivers and individuals with dementia in advocacy activities.
- Assist the Chapter in reaching underserved populations and identifying unmet needs.
- Helps develop collaborative efforts and community partners in communities to engage their constituents. Assist with planning of community forums.
- Assists with the chapter’s Purple Sunday faith outreach program.
- Coordinates with the Director of Government Relations and the Communications Manager to involve caregivers and individuals with dementia the opportunity to participate in media activities.
- Provides information about clinical trials and Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch to individuals and caregivers.
- Maintains and compiles program and service data; submits monthly reports of activities.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and chapter standards of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Staff advisor for the Young Professional Alzheimer’s Council.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Extremely flexible, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Interest in aging issues and related services provision.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Public Speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively with Alzheimer’s Association staff and volunteers.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties (a car and New York State driver’s license are required).
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.