Community Engagement Manager
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager
Location: Reno office base, work throughout Northern Nevada region
Reports To: Regional Director, Northern NevadaWork Hours: Exempt, Part Time 24 hours per week
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Community Engagement Manager will implement the Alzheimer’s Association community engagement strategies to meet and exceed strategic plan measures in service territory, including grant deliverables. The Community Engagement Manager will manage a group of volunteers, relationships with community partners and focus on growing awareness of Alzheimer’s Association programs and services and the mission of the organization.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify new and develop existing community partnerships with key stakeholders, volunteer supporters and agencies to increase the reach of the Association and implement sustainable strategic growth throughout the region
- Organize, lead and conduct Community Forums (based on the Community Development Model) in order to create and implement a community-focused plan for service delivery.
- Increase reach of the Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs with special emphasis on increasing participation among communities that have typically had low rates of engagement.
- Build and expand the impact of Alzheimer’s Association volunteer Community Educators, Representatives, Support Group Facilitators and other community volunteers in accordance with the chapter’s volunteer development plan.
- Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers and conduct annual performance evaluations (Mission Conversations).
- Coordinate caregiver support groups, including oversight of facilitators, management of logistics (host agencies, registrations etc.) and follow-ups as needed.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association Northern Nevada at community events, networking events and engagement opportunities, including those in rural counties.
- Ensure Caregiver Support grant deliverables are met and recorded on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with Northern Nevada staff, chapter functional departments, to ensure effective implementation of all aspects of the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or volunteer management; preferred: Masters in Public Health or Social Work
- A minimum of 2 years of community outreach, community mobilization, volunteer management or building capacity for projects/initiatives
- Knowledge of Northern Nevada communities, especially the rural counties
- Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community programs.
- Previous experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized, and able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks, while providing excellent verbal and written client and volunteer communications.
- Superior self-management skills, initiative, and proven ability to collaborate.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Google suite and; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn the Personify CRM database and volunteer management system.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car (25% of time in car, 25% of time in the community). Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, orany other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.