Community Education Manager
This position is responsible for implementing the chapter’s volunteer-powered program delivery strategy, engaging with organizations to encourage community mobilization and supporting the chapter’s health systems initiatives. Additionally, this position supervises the San Jose Program Specialist.
This is a full-time position located in San Jose California and reports to the Chief Program Officer.
* Provide leadership to the Chapter by increasing reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs with special emphasis on increasing participation among communities that have typically had low rates of engagement with the chapter.
* Build and expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives, and other Community Volunteers.
* Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within the assigned area.
* Conduct annual performance evaluations of community volunteer educators
* Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
* Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
* Provide leadership to the Chapter in developing a strategy for other non-common program related events, conferences, etc., working in conjunction with the Chief Program Officer
* Oversee two bay area conference events, Circle of Care and Updates on Dementia
* Provide supervision and leadership to the Chapter’s Program Specialist
* Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association.
* Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations to identify prospective volunteers
* Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities for increased volunteer engagement
* Support the implementation of the chapter’s health systems strategy
* Serve as a member of the account management team in an effort to engage health systems, as designated
CULTURE OF COLLABORATION
* Fully engage in a culture where team collaboration is highly valued
* Work as a team to accomplish, if not exceed, organizational goals in the National Strategic Plan
* Participate in signature fundraising events
* Walk to End Alzheimer’s staff team and personal fundraising goals
* Work at least two Walk to End Alzheimer’s on a weekend
* Participate in The Longest Day
* Respond to public policy calls to action & participate in advocacy days
* Enhance our culture of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the job
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or volunteer management.
* 3-5 years’ supervisory experience
* 3-5 years’ experience managing program implementation
* 3-5 years’ experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives
* 3-5 years’ experience in managing volunteers
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Excellent public speaking skills
* Demonstrated history of health education, strong public speaking skills and an understanding of adult learning principles
* Ability to work independently and only under general supervision.
* Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
* Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
* Ability and willingness to travel by car up to 50% of time within the assigned territory. Travel is considered time spent away from the office and in the community. Occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, access to a reliable vehicle, and a good driving record.
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials
The Alzheimer's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.