Communications Specialist - Chapter
- Assist in the planning, execution and measurement of marketing and communications campaigns to promote Chapter programs, services, and events.
- Lead the agency’s digital media efforts, including creating, posting, and updating content for the website, social media, blog and e-news.
- Design graphics, write copy, and edit a variety of print and digital assets using consistent branding, messaging, grammar and AP style.
- Support public relations efforts including writing and distributing press releases, maintaining media lists, creating press kits, and assisting with media monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in and provide support for Chapter events, including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Discovery Conference, Advocacy Day and other events as needed.
- Help oversee the work of Marketing/Communications volunteers and interns.
- Provide project and administrative support to the Director of Communications as needed.
- May also provide back-up support for office operations, including answering phones, responding to general inquiries, and assisting with technology.
- Fully engage in a culture where team collaboration is highly valued.
- Work as a team to accomplish, if not exceed, organizational goals in the National Strategic Plan.
- Attend chapter conferences as requested.
- Participate in signature fundraising events.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s staff team and personal fundraising goals.
- Work at least one Walk to End Alzheimer’s on a weekend.
- Participate in The Longest Day.
- Support and participate in formal advocacy and public policy activities.
- Enhance our culture of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills with understanding of AP style.
- Professional experience creating and updating content for digital and social media.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Excellent communications, public speaking and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Able to advocate and represent the Alzheimer’s community in a variety of settings.
- Able to maintain productive relationships with donors, partners, staff, and volunteers.
- Able to work with a team, analyze information and make appropriate decisions.
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Able to exercise sound judgment, demonstrate tact when dealing with others, accept responsibility, and give careful attention to detail.
- Committed to demonstrating integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel locally and regionally as needed to perform job duties.
- Washington State driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to dependable automobile
Job Reference #: 3022