Communications Manager – Greater Kentucky
Location – Louisville, KY
Work Hours: Full-time
Reports To: Executive Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Communications Manager supports the mission of the Alzheimer's Association to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
This position will execute marketing, communications and promotions initiatives for the Greater Kentucky & Southern Indiana Chapter.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the implementation of marketing tactics for the Chapter including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, Program initiatives, Advocacy efforts and other events and promotions with the goal of increasing participation, revenue and awareness.
- Serve as the lead staff for all marketing and promotional partnerships
- Design strategy, content and collateral materials for engaging the public in the Alzheimer’s movement.
- Build strategy surrounding social media statistics.
- Manage all social media accounts; in collaboration with the needs of the chapter as it relates to each department’s needs.
- Oversee the creative and design of copy, digital images, social media, print advertising campaigns and any other projects that connect the public to our organization.
- Develop and cultivate external relationships to increase media placements, partnerships and increase visibility of the Association throughout our service area.
- Tracking of social media impressions and analytics for the purpose of reporting
- Build and leverage relationships with media partners for PSA / Ad by identifying new reporters, editors and producers that can help champion our mission and organization through stories within primary and secondary markets
- Track and evaluate monthly earned media impressions and identify opportunities
- Maintaining the chapter website (when applicable)
- Drafting and publishing weekly E-newsletter
- Managing Greater Kentucky & Southern Indiana chapter Blog posts
- Assisting other chapter staff, when needed, with department-specific e-blasts
- Directly develop copy, design pieces, and manage relationship with staff to produce collateral material utilizing Brandmuscle and/or Canva.
- Work with external designer and printers to produce larger scale materials.
· Normal office environment.
· Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines.
· Heavy workload may be required during peak times including 2-3 weeks prior to the Greater Kentucky & Southern Indiana WTEA season.
Bachelor's degree with experience in nonprofit communications and marketing (non-profit experience preferred).
· Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work individually and collaboratively to accomplish projects and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
· High level of proficiency with social media programs, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.