The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for secondary Georgia media markets including Augusta, Savannah, Macon and Albany. In addition, the position will be executing and assisting with the development of the Georgia Chapter’s internal and external public relation and marketing strategies to effectively deliver the Chapter’s messaging.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Serve as point of contact for secondary media markets including Savannah, Augusta, Macon and Albany.
- Build relationships with primary and secondary market key media news desks / inside influencers including editors, producers and reporters.
- Build and leverage relationships with media partners for PSA / Ad.
- Identify new reporters, editors and producers that can help champion our mission and organization through stories within primary and secondary markets.
- Track and evaluate monthly earned media impressions and identify opportunities.
Orchestrate approved social media strategy in conjunction with Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications via multiple avenues, including:
- Creation and scheduling of original content based on communications / social calendar.
- Assist development staff with content for Facebook Group pages.
- Tracking of social media impressions and analytics for the purpose of reporting.
Draft and publish online and electronic communication, including:
- Maintaining the chapter websites.
- Drafting and publishing e-news.
- Managing Georgia Chapter Blog posts.
- Assisting other chapter staff, when needed, with department-specific e-blasts.
- Create or manage creation of collateral material such as brochures, flyers, digital assets, etc.
- Directly develop copy, design pieces, and manage relationship with staff to produce collateral material utilizing Brandmuscle.
- Work with external designer and printers to produce larger scale materials.
- Carry primary or secondary responsibility for a development or volunteer initiative.
- Attend and offer assistance and support, when requested, at chapter programs and events.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 2-3 years experience in communications, public relations, marketing or similar experiencePossess exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information. Must continuously demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently, calmly, and efficiently in stressful situations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Adobe Suite or In Design required.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Windows Office products, Google apps, social media scheduling platforms.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to compose, edit, and interpret correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Reference #: 3858