Communications Intern - Unpaid
POSITION TITLE: Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Media Relations
DATE: May - August (flexible)
LOCATION: 8430 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60631
This position will assist the Senior Manager, Media Relations in meeting the goals
set by the senior management team of the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Illinois Chapter.
This position will assist in creating and writing copy for Chapter promotional materials
meant to publicize Chapter-wide activities within a strategic communications plan.
General Summary of Position:
* Work with the Chapter’s social media accounts
* Source new media prospects for Public Relations and Social Media Specialist
* Write copy for e-newsletter, magazine and website
* Submit and post Chapter events and offerings on news websites
* Other projects as assigned
We are looking for someone who is interested in communication, public relations and or
Alzheimer’s disease. An ideal candidate would be majoring or minoring in communications
or a related field. The schedule requirements are flexible but must be pre-determined and
must be within the Mon-Fri. 9am-5pm work-week with a minimum of 8-15 hrs. per week.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited College/University
* Outstanding writing skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills, this position will require you to be efficient at multitasking
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
* Interest in communications/social media and a willingness to learn
How to Apply: Please submit a copy of your resume, cover letter and 1 writing sample to Kaylin Risvold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3452